Customer Experience Statistics
Key figures and stats about in-store customer experience, gathered on one page.
- The industries that lost the most customers in 2015 due to bad customer service were large distributors (15%), telephone providers (15%) and internet providers (15%) – Accenture Strategy (France)
- Customer experience leaders have more than a 16% advantage over competitors in willingness to buy, reluctance to switch brands, and likelihood to recommend. – Temkin Group
- Three out of four (74%) consumers say they have spent more with a company because of a history of positive customer service experiences – American Express
- Just over six in ten consumers (62%) believe that companies meet their customer service expectations. Only 5% of consumers said that the customer service experiences they have with companies usually ‘exceed their expectations – American Express
- In the past year, six-in-ten (60%) consumers intended to conduct a business transaction or make a purchase, but decided not to due to a poor service experience. – American Express
- On average consurmers are willing to pay 14% more for superior customer service – American Express
- While most consumers are willing to give a company at least one more chance after receiving poor service before they consider switching, over one-third (37%) immediately consider switching after the initial poor customer service experience –American Express
- 89% of marketing leaders expect customer experience will be the primary basis for competitive differentiation by 2017 – Gartner
- 64% of people say the customer experience is more important than price in their choice of a brand. – Gartner
- 33% of consumers would recommend a brand that provides a quick but ineffective response. (Nielsen-McKinsey)
- 80% of companies say they deliver “superior” customer service. 8% of people think these same companies deliver “superior” customer service – Lee Resources
- Resolve a complaint in the customer’s favor and they will do business with you again 70% of the time. – Lee Resources
Want to learn more about customer experience, loyalty and feedback?